The craving for the espresso coffee only an espresso lover can better understand. The powerful brew taste is something that takes you to heaven for some time. The majority of us prefer to enjoy that perfect espresso shot at the cafe. But what to do if someone is relaxing at their home or is on a trip or doing something else and starts craving for it?
Well, the best thing you could do here is, try it yourself. If you don’t know-how let us help you with the same. Espresso is a strong coffee that is made by forcing pressurized hot water through finely grounded coffee beans. As it requires pressure, Espresso is usually made with the help of a machine.
3 Ways for making Espresso Shots at home
Once you have perfectly grounded your beans into a fine powder, you can easily start with the preparation of the Espresso coffee. We are going to provide you here different methods for making Espresso Shots at home.
Making Espresso Shot with AeroPress
If you are willing to make a double shot of Espresso, AeroPress is one of the finest options to choose from. Just keep your AeroPress, freshly roasted coffee beans ready, and follow up the steps being described below:
- Heat one cup of water to about 1850 F. You can even raise the temperature till 2050F until you find your ideal temperature for brewing your coffee.
- Grind your coffee beans to a fine consistency. You will require about two tablespoons of grounded coffee for preparing your perfect Espresso shot.
- Now put the drain cap on the AeroPress and then place it directly onto your coffee mug. Make sure to select a sturdy cup as you have to further create pressure on it.
- Once done now transfer your grounded coffee to the AeroPress
- Now take about two tablespoons of grounded coffee into your AeroPress.
- Once done now measure about ½ cup of heated water and then pour it into the AeroPress.
- Once done, give it a quick stir and then wait for about 30 seconds.
- Now plunge the coffee with just the weight of your hand. You will start feeling the strong resistance here. keep on pushing steadily.
- Once your plunger gets fully depressed, remove the press from your cup.
- Transfer your freshly brewed Espresso coffee into your favorite cup and enjoy the extreme taste to the fullest.
Making Espresso shot with Moka Pot
Moka Pot is a marvelous example of Italian engineering that gives you distinctive Espresso taste and feel that you never had before. If you are willing to know the detailed procedure for making Espresso shot with Moka Pot, follow on the process given below:
- Take freshly roasted coffee beans and then measure and grind about 4 to 4 ½ teaspoons of coffee.
- Now add enough water to the bottom of your Moka Pot until it reaches the fill line. The overfilling of the reservoir may lead to the waterlogging of your coffee and will affect the flavor also prevent you from doing that.
- Now add the finely grounded coffee to the filter basket of Moka Pot and once done attach the Moka Pot spouted top perfectly.
- Once done with the above process successfully, now assemble the Moka Pot on the stovetop burner over the medium heat a.
- The water in the lower chamber will start boiling and the pressure thus produced here will push the stream of the coffee through the filter and to the upper chamber of the Moka Pot.
- You can simply conclude the same through the hissing sound coming from your Moka Pot.
- Hazel brown foam will start appearing just before the coffee is completely done.
- Once the upper chamber of the Moka Pot gets to fill into the fullest, remove the pot from the burner.
- Give a stir to the coffee in the upper chamber with a spoon and then pour it into your favorite cup and serve hot.
Making Espresso shot with French Press
French Press is one of the most common options being used by Espresso lovers for making their favorite cup of coffee on their own. It is one of the simplest and finest ways to make a perfect cup of Espresso shot at home. If you are a newbie and doesn’t know how to use the French Press, just keep on reading the detained process given below:
- Take freshly roasted coffee beans and then grind them to a very fine powder. It takes about two tablespoons of beans against one cup of water.
- Fill in your kettle and then heat the water until it starts boiling.
- Keep your kettle aside and then wait for about 30 seconds.
- Now, add the grounded coffee to your French Press. We will advise you to roughly use about double the amount of coffee you generally use for enjoying the stronger flavor and darker brew.
- Now add few splashes of hot water from the kettle into the French Press and then allow it to rest for fewer seconds. The entire process will bloom up your coffee and will release its oils and aromatics perfectly.
- Once done with the above process, now add the rest of your water into the French Press and don’t stir it. Consistent stiffing of the coffee at this stage will cause the grounds to fall out of the suspension and hence will ruin the flavors and richness of your coffee to a greater extent.
- Next, close the lid of your French Press and don’t dare to plunge it yet.
- Allow your coffee too steep for about 4 minutes. You can even extend this tenure for about one to two minutes for enjoying stronger espresso flavors.
- Once done, now pour down your coffee into your favorite serving pot and enjoy that extreme taste of a perfect Espresso shot.
Preparing a perfect cup of Espresso shot is not rocket science. One can easily do it even at their homes just by making use of some tools and a perfect procedure. We have ensiled up above three different methods to prepare a perfect Espresso shot at home. You can easily check on any of the above depending upon your preferences.