The best tablet for note-taking & drawing will offer numerous input options for every one requirement. Starting from wireless keyboards, smart styluses, touchscreen features, and many more. They are available in multiple operating systems like Windows, Android, and macOS. A few tablets will provide huge internal memory storage and others may offer expandable memory options like microSD card support. Mobile tables may also include in-built security features such as fingerprint readers and facial recognition. It can easily prevent any unwanted or unauthorized device access.
Improved battery life will feature the tablets to work for 20 hours using a single charge. It is essential to consider the Styluses feature as an accessory instead of an actual necessity. They are true for many people and prefer to utilize note-taking tablets regularly. Writers or business people cannot bring paper and notepads everywhere to take notes. We are in the digital age 2020 and need to prefer for getting the best cheap tablet for note-taking or drawing. Modern tablets will store the information on the cloud backup and utilize the same for future use.
Best Tablet for Note Taking 2020
Find below the list of the best tablet for note taking or best tablet for writing notes for your reference:
A few users may bored with using iOS and prefer to use the Android operating system. If so, then you can use the Samsung S4 Galaxy tab. This product has numerous nice features and also not too expensive. The screen size of this Samsung S4 tab is 10.5-inches along with a 2560 x 1600 screen resolution. It also includes thinner bezels and introduced a new feature named “2.1 lockable modes”.
DeX software will utilize this mode for providing the personal computer interface. Make use of this feature by connecting the device to Samsung’s book keyboard cover. You can perform various actions on Android OS but not an iOS device. The amazing feature of this product is the expandable memory options by utilizing an SD card.
- It is always good to utilize the S-Pen functionality
- Slim design
- Good battery life
- Beautiful & excellent vibrant display
- Android Oreo operating system
- HDR (High Dynamic Range)-ready display
- No extra cost for utilizing Stylus option
- Dex Mode not good to use
In 2018, Microsoft had launched the new model named “Surface Pro 6”. This is a new version from its earlier model Microsoft Surface Pro 2017 product. It includes various features such as extended battery life, better display size, etc. The all-new Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is another best option to utilize the Windows OS tablet. This product has an Intel quad-core model chip, which is commonly utilized in the laptops.
The amazing feature of this Surface Pro 6 tablet is that users will never experience any issues while connecting the peripheral devices. The S Pen functionality of this unit is very good for note taking and sketching. It is possible to use this tablet as a laptop. The Surface Pro 6 screen size is 12.3-inches, which is lightweight and also more comfortable to use.
- Admirable display
- Speedy processor
- Excellent and amazing S Pen functionality
- Amazing screen
- Good product for note taking & sketching
- The surface type cover is extra chargeable
Apple iPad Mini will offer a 7.9-inches retina display and improve the visual experience using the True Tone technology. This is another best tablet for taking handwritten notes to carry around in hand. The amazing display will support to utilize under each light situation. Users can perform pixel-perfection with various tasks, watching high-quality videos, and drawing sketches. Apart from its screen feature, you can gain various excellent specifications. Apple Mini iPad is another best tablet for note taking available across the online marketplace. The system will perform fast by using the powerful & efficient A12 Bionic chip.
You can unlock the device using the Touch ID fingerprint sensor using your fingertips to improve security features. This unit executes on the iOS 12 version. The storage capacity of this device is 64GB and makes use of the space for saving books and taking notes. The battery life is excellent and can hold up to a maximum of 10 hours to work throughout the day. Without recharging, you can use it for the entire school or college day. Apple iPad Mini device is available Space Gray color and also the best note-taking tablets. This expensive product will utilize exceptional technology and much hard to locate the best counterparts.
- No SD cards
- No Headphones jack
- Expensive product
- Battery life up to a maximum of 10 hours
- HD Front camera 7MP Facetime and Back camera 8MP
- Touch ID features with a fingerprint sensor
- 7.9 inches of Retina Display with wide color and True Tone
- Apple Pencil supports to assist sketching and note taking
- Brilliant visuals
- Great and excellent battery life
- Storage capacity: 64 GB and expandable up to a maximum of 256 GB
- Configuration with iOS 12 version
- Small display
The Microsoft Surface Book 2 renewed model is another best tablet for graphic design projects and taking handwritten notes. It offers a detachable keyboard to utilize creative requirements and also compatible to use an excellent S-Pen (Surface Pen). This device can easily handle each task efficiently and powered with an i7 Processor. The unit never crashes and allow you to download any apps for your requirement.
Choose your style of work by selecting the available 4 different modes for utilization. You can flip the back screen for taking notes, sketch, or drawing comfortably. Turn around the device screen to work as a regular laptop or to showcase presentations. This is another top-most tablet available across the online marketplace for graphic design and note-taking.
- No eGPU or Thunderbolt 3 support
- Four different modes: View, Tablet, Studio, & Laptop that suits your best working style
- PixelSense with High resolution on 15” Touchscreen
- Long battery life
- Intel Quad-Core 8th generation i7 Processor
- Powerful and super-fast device
- Good battery life
- Xbox Wireless support
- A powerful machine that comes with Nvidia graphics
- Responsive & excellent touch screen
- Light & Versatile to utilize as a tablet
- Better graphics and CPU
- Expensive product if you prefer for more storage capacity
The Acer R13 Convertible Chromebook is another most versatile, most powerful, and best look Chromebook across the marketplace. This is another worth unit that offers an impressive and excellent battery life up to a maximum of 12-hours. It has a form factor of 2-in-1 to utilize the tablet or tent configurations. The bigger screen 13.3-inches comes with affordable pricing when compared to other models. Similar to other modern Chromebooks, they also support Android apps like an Android mobile phone.
The Pilot quad-core MediaTek MT8173C core processor is another advantage of utilizing this Chromebook. It can ensure that your entire files are supported adequately and also executes smoothly. The multi-touch screen is cool and never requires using the keyboard for access. Without recharge, you can gain the battery life up to a maximum of 12 hours. This unit is convertible and utilizes in four different modes such as Tablet, Display, Notebook, and Tent.
- Battery life extended up to a maximum of 12-hours
- 4670 mAH battery capacity (3-cell Li-polymer)
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) support with HD Webcam resolution of 1280 x 720
- HCDP Support with 1 HDMI port
- USB 3.0 1 port
- 45W Power, DC-in port, 3A, 5V USB Charging
- USB-C DisplayPort, Gen 1 USB 3.1 supporting USB Type-C 3.1 1 port
- Supports up to a maximum of 5GBPS
- Bluetooth 4.0 version
- Dual-band support both 2.4GHz & 5GHz
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi compatible with 2×2 MIMO Technology
- 2 in-built Stereo speakers
- PowerVR Integrated Imagination with GX6250 Graphics
- Internal Storage: 32 GB
- Onboard Memory (LPDDR3) 4GB capacity
- Integrated Multi-touch screen with LED-backlit IPS technology
- High-brightness, Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080), and 13.3-inches screen
- Operating System: Google Chrome
- Pilot Quad-core MediaTek MT8173C Core A53 Heterogeneous or A72 Cortex multi-processor
- Comfortable keyboard
- Premium-looking and sleek design
- Extended battery life
- You can easily execute numerous Android apps
- Flat audio & Mediocre performance
Google Pixel Slate is another expensive product with 12.3-inches and the best tablets for note taking in colleges & schools. This is a pride product from Google due to its molecular display. They can deliver a sharper display when compared with the other tablets of similar dimensions & 337 nit’s brightness. Google Pixel slate will offer a fascinating feature of its convertibility. The tablet’s convertibility is compatible because of its magnetic field. They can convert the angle to appear as natural.
The unit’s keyboard is also another amazing and impressive feature to use. The circular keys of this device will appear great to work on your note-taking or drawing tasks. While working with them, it is quieter and also very smooth to use. The best stylus support from this slate model will offer a great way. The pressure sensitivity of the tablet will make the slate to work strokes and effortless taps while drawing. You need to pay an extra charge for getting additional accessories like S Pen, Stylus, etc. Moreover, Google is also diligently working to launch the Chrome OS.
- Backlit full-size keyboard along with ultra-quiet hush keys. More work using the extra-large track-pad and adjustable for entertainment, tablet, and laptop mode.
- Actually less formatted capacity with regards to the storage specifications
- Depending on the mixture of other use, productivity, web browsing, and video for battery performance. It requires a 5% charge for charging the battery and make the device inactive. However, the results may vary for different situations
- It is easier to stay connected using the wide angles lens and dual webcam for viewing everyone. You can see even under low light conditions and also looks great
- Updates will run automatically in the background and showcase the latest security features without any hassles
- You can make powerful multitasking tools like collaboration apps like slides, sheets, and google docs. Others such as multi-window browsing, split screen, etc.
- Molecular display with a 12.3-inch screen & 6 million pixels to watch your favorite videos and movies. Get premium audio experience and tuned with perfection from the dual front-firing speakers
- It can deliver everything your love, portable performance, and brilliant entertainment to work & live today
- You need to purchase the stylus, pen, and keyboard separately
- Excellent battery life up to 10 hours
- Great audio
- Excellent handwriting recognition
- The keyboard is optional for both offering various angles and comfy
- Vibrant and Sharp screen
- Elegant design
- Sharper display
- 64GB secondary memory storage
- Expensive product to get additional accessories for extra charges
If you prefer to purchase the best tablet for note taking & sketching then you can purchase the Wacom Cintiq Tablet. The product offers the 50cm x 30cm drawing area with a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080. Touch pen display at 22-inches HD of the larger drawing area to showcase the best use. Most of people will utilize this unit to gain the best drawing or note-taking results.
They provide an amazing super-sensitive stylus feature. An integrated stand will assist the users in adjusting the tablet angle based on the user’s position and preference. The Wacom tablet’s attractive display can feature around 16 million colors for visuals. This tablet will enhance work quality when compared to other models.
- Express keys with time-saving and work faster & easier using the personalize express keys
- Favorite shortcuts using the 1 touch access
- Work with conventional tools like brushes, makers, and pens
- Most advanced tilt sensitive & pressure from Wacom’s pen technology to replicate the experience & natural effects
- Work intuitively & naturally directly on the screen
- Screen surface to work directly with editing, designing, painting, and sketching
- HD display with 22-inches screen features extra-wide viewing angle, full HD resolution, and a wide format
- The sensitive and beautiful drawing point
- Another best note taking tablet with stylus support and efficient access
- Large & bigger screen
- Affordable pricing
- Lightweight and much easier to use
- This tablet cannot utilize for regular work
Best Note Taking Tablet – Buying Guide
It is not necessary to utilize a large storage capacity tablet but it should primarily offer the note-taking feature. It is advisable to choose the best tablet that offers at least a storage capacity of 16GB. Users can store numerous e-books, files, and notes without concerning the device storage size.
RAM capacity is the core factor and also the backbone of any computer system. It can easily handle the entire system load for seamless operation. However, it is essential to use at least 2GM RAM capacity for better performance. The system will execute without latency to enjoy the service on your device.
Many users will less concern about utilizing the pen pressure sensitivity level only for notes taking. The tablet’s speed and power will take over the precedence to ensure that app to open efficiently and quickly. The device combination will offer both tablet’s note-taking features and performance. Take into account, while considering the pen sensitivity. Any student or artist can achieve the note-taking or drawing level to play a huge role.
Note Taking Capability
One of the most important advantages of utilizing the tablet is to take notes or drawing. The app should be compatible and sync with your laptop or mobile phone. Everything will work with the combination to offer multiple device platforms for editing and viewing.
The tablet’s physical features are much easier to handle, portable, battery life, durability, and tablet’s overall size. Portability is more important to deal with the market targets by various tablets. Some of them will plan to get a replacement or a standby for utilizing the unit. Most of the functionalities are lineups such as note-taking tablets, sketching, and many more.
Tablets will commonly vary in terms of pricing; a few of them are pricing spectrum and others are budget-friendly options. In some cases, the high-end best tablets can provide a better performance and also rich in features. However, you need to choose the best tablet for note taking depending on your requirements. The reasonably-priced tablet can deliver the best value appropriate to gain the best price offer.
It is also another crucial aspect to consider processing power while purchasing the best tablet. High processing power tablets can work smoothness and also respond with a faster speed. When compared with the laptops, a few tablets can offer enough high processing power to use.
Battery Life is also another important factor to consider before purchasing the best tablet for note taking. It is also another overlooked element as well. Users will never prefer to spend money on purchasing a few hours lasting devices. Before purchasing the best tablet, you need to consider its long-lasting battery life. Choose the best tablet that can offer at least 12 hours of continuous work with a single charge. This may be convenient for any user to work on the tablet for notes taking or drawing.
The physical aspect is essential to consider while buying the best note-taking tablet for your use. Your tablet should offer greater portability and also lightweight enough to handle. They must be modest enough in size for allowing users to take it to ease in hand or handbag. Your note-taking tablet’s physical dimension or aspect is a vital feature to move it frequently.
Screen resolution will refer to the image’s crispness and also its clarity. For any artis or businessman, this is another vital feature to consider purchasing an ultra-sharp HD (High Definition) display to showcase their work’s colors.
Screen Active Areas
The functional area’s size of your writing pad will matter while purchasing the device. Sometimes, you may include the texts within your project work. It may be landscape drawings, complex computation, and even elaborating graphs & diagrams. The screen active area must be large enough without any restriction for creating juices.
You can change the tablet completely by using a good stylus from a normal device to an extraordinary one. For taking notes, it is important that the pen’s sensibility will offer the ultimate access. You can make it easier and writing smoother. It will work closely and gain experience similar to writing in the sheet or paper. Most of the graphic designers engage in the work will expect an ultra-responsive stylus along with its maximum pressure sensitivity.
OS (Operating System)
Many tablets available across the online marketplace will work on Windows, Android, iOS, and Chrome. You can gain the overall experience with a huge impact on choosing the best OS. iOS will offer quite intuitive and well-rounded, but restricted only for the personal computer OS. On the other hand, Windows OS is quite sophisticated only for PC or laptop. Android OS is imperfect but user-friendly to use.
Tablets are one of the best and most popular options for drawing and taking notes. Students can take numerous advantages by utilizing tablets. It is important to choose the best tablet for note taking or sketching. They can choose the lightweight tablet to carry with on their work. Users can save paper digitally by taking notes on the tablets. You can search your topics by using the digital bookmarks and also save your time for future access.
The best tablet for note taking is a one-time investment to avail of the best features throughout your life. Depending on your budget, you can choose the best tablet to use. There are numerous tables available across the online marketplace starting from basic up to a professional one. It is also a challenging factor to choose the best cheap tablet for note taking & drawing. You can refer to the above-mentioned best tablets for note-taking and even for other tasks. Before purchasing the tablet, it is advisable to refer to the comprehensive buying guide for your assistance.